Saturday, December 8, 2007

Cranberry Sauce

I make my own......this is so eaaaasy!!! I make it up and it stores in the frig for ever (not ever but the sugar keeps it going...) Once you do this you will never buy the canned stuff..trust me!

2 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
1 pound fresh cranberries...(i use two bags and modify the amounts)
dried orange peel (optional....if i have it i use it)

Combine sugar and water in large glass bowl. Cook at HIGH (yes in the microwave..told you it would be easy) 4 to 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved; stir once. Add cranberries and cook, covered with plastic wrap at HIGH 5 to 7 minutes, or until berries are soft. Add peel to cranberries. Mash (i use a potato masher) berries (i leave some whole); cool slightly. If desired, add additional sugar to taste...chill before serving....CAREFULL....it becomes really HOT!

I buy bags of these wonderful, healthy berries at this time of year (only time they are in the stores) and throw them into the freezer.....for many recipes....will share later....!!

I just made some this morning.....can you smell it......ahhhhhhhhhhhh,nice!

No comments: