yes....you read right!! Junk Pie....this is amazing! I have not made this pie in years because it is not for those watching their weight...not that i have been watching BUT i would eat this whole thing if i made it now.....all the kids are gone....but...maybe the next gathering...i wanted to share this so that if anyone wanted one last splurge before the new year begins.....lol.
Chocolate Junk Pie
grease a 9 inch pie plate
1. smash 40 saltine crackers; add 1 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Powder, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup of chopped walnuts
2. Beat 4 egg whites until stiff - add 1 tsp.vanilla
3. Combine 1 and 2, pour into pie pan and bake 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (nice golden brown)
4. cool completely than top with this:
Combine: 1 pint heavy cream
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
Beat until stiff......
5. Sprinkle with grated chocolate or chocolate chips
6. Refrigerate until served........