Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Bread Bowl with great Shrimp Dip:
2 - 8oz pkg of cream cheese
10oz of baby shrimp (canned) ...double it or add one shrimp and one crab
2 slices of red onion, diced
3 teaspoons of horseradish
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
Mix all the above , chill...just before serving put into Bread Bowl (i like the dark breads)..cut the scooped bread into bite size pieces and serve along with crackers, vegetable...
Meat Balls: this is always a big hit...so, double the recipe
2 pound of hamburg
salt and pepper
4 slices toast, chopped
1 med.onion, chopped
roll into small meatballs and fry,drain.....(i cheat and use frozen Italian meatballs..easy)
1 12oz chili sauce
1/2 cup grape jelly
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice (concentrate)
Mix the above and simmer on stove until jelly is melted
Simmer the meatballs in the sauce for 30 minutes....i put it in the crock pot on low and just let it go....
Take a nice big tray/platter and put some small bowls of store bought hummus, babaganoush, olives, tabouli...nice Middle Eastern treats...with pita and sliced vegetables - carrots,celery, peppers,cherry tomatoes
and then there is always your favorite Chili recipe with some corn bread....yummmmmm
Get some paper products of your favorite team (did i say Patriots)...wrap up the utensils in the napkins with ribbon (color) ..get some balloons to attach to your buffet table...throw some colored confetti on the table and there you go........
oh, yea.... GO PATS
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
credits: Paper/ribbon by LizHutchinson_WinterWonderland; template by yin; small snowflake by LivEdesigns; lg snowflakes by FranDesigns; overlay OnTheEdge by KatiePertiet; font-CenturyGothic
Sunday, January 27, 2008
one good size chicken
4 carrots-big slices
2 onions, diced
3 stalks of celery-big slices
2 parsnip (this makes a big difference in flavor, trust me)-big slices
couple cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
couple dashes of dill (or use fresh)
Put all in a big pot and cover with water....simmer for a few hours (less if you just can't wait)
remove chicken from bones and put back into the pot...now here i put in a big can of good chicken broth (don't have to but it is nice)...taste and if needed add more herbs/spices...
serve over wide egg noodles and/or matzo balls.....Enjoy!!
When anyone would get sick in this house out would come the soup pot...if anything it made me feel better!! I am sending a big bowl over to my digi friend Deb...she has been sooooo sick!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
1 bag (16 ounces)broccoli coleslaw
2 packages of Chicken Ramen noodle soup, broken up, seasoning packets reserved
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
Mix together coleslaw, Ramen noodles, sunflower seeds and almonds. Set aside
Mix oil, vinegar, sugar and reserved soup seasoning packets
Pour mixture over coleslaw. Chill at least 30 minutes
I have been known to add "whatever" is in my house to this...change the nuts, add drained chunk pineapple, diced apples, etc........Enjoy
I have been "chatting" over at Jessica's.....now that there is a new chat room....so, have i done any new layouts....no....but it will happen.....!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Baked Potato Casserole
1 32 oz Frozen Hash Browns (thawed)
1/2 pkg frozen chopped onions (thawed)
1 pint of sour cream
1/2 pound grated cheddar cheese
1/4 pound Parmesan cheese
2 cans cream of potato soup undiluted
Grease a 3 qt casserole dish / blend all ingredients / Bake at 325degrees for 40 minutes..
(i have also done this in a crock pot)
I did another LO today...this one was a challenge from Jessica's mb / originated from challenge at oscraps...kind of pleased with myself...went "outside the box"...new techniques..never had extracted a picture from photo before....
credits: AManning_PainttheMoon_Natures Glow; grundge overlay-K.Pertiet; journal label-DZarling
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
credits: paper by KarenAiken_WinterDawn; Frame/TopSecret by ScrapGirls; arrow by SugarPlum
Monday, January 14, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Ranch Style Baked Beans
2 Tablespoons of butter (can omit)
1 pound of hamburg (can use chopped turkey)
1 envelope of onion soup mix (Lipton)
1/2 cup water
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons of vinegar
2 one pound cans of beans in tomato sauce
1 one pound can of kidney beans
Brown the hamburg in butter and drain....add all the other ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.....Enjoy
Friday, January 11, 2008
You've been tagged:The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven facts about myself….ok, I’ll play….mmmmmm
1. I am addicted “to stocking up”…I don’t care what it is…my new thing is digi supplies…now, I did not grow up in the depression but my parents did and there was always tons of can goods in the basement…”just in case”…and I think it really kicked in with the Blizzard of ’78…30 year anniversary coming up….
2. I can’t spell….thank you for spell-check….but maybe that is the reason for now I become lazy and just click that button….
3. I love to read!! Most anything but I do lean toward mysteries..for I want to solve it before I get to the end…..use to be always right when watching “Perry Mason”…(that gives away my age)
4. I do not like driving … I don’t care how long it takes me ..I will not go on the Highway unless I have to!!!!! I didn’t get my license until I was 21 for my father did not believe in teenage drivers (I understood when my girls turned 16) also…I was from Vermont where when you were at an intersection everyone would stop and say “you go”..”no you go”…here in the Boston area it is “the oldest car has the right of way”
5.My feet need to breath….do not like them covered at night…and if I could get away with it I would be barefoot all the time (but not pregnant)
6. I need to be In Control…this goes back to being General Manager of the Universe…..you girls know what I mean….working full time, mother of two, wife to one, caretaker to animals, seamstress, driver to all, volunteer worker,etc,etc…….trying to give up that role now …..
7. I’m having a hard time with this for I usually am thinking about everyone but me….but don’t feel bad for I have a GREAT life!!
so here are the seven i have tagged......hee,hee
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
1 pound ground turkey breast
1 cup chopped red onions
1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
2 egg whites
1/4 cup chopped fresh watercress leaves (i used parsley)
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 Tablespoons jerk seasoning
Combine until well blended...make 6 equal patties...spray non-stick pan with canola oil cooking spray...cook on each side about 3 minutes...than i put into the oven for awhile...need it well done for me given it is poultry...instead of rolls used the thin high fiber bread....was good..
My DH is not home yet....they are waiting for him....he is willing to give this a go...oh, for a quarter pounder with cheese....but my arteries are thanking me.....
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Friday, January 4, 2008
credits: template by LivE Designs (my friend); font-bleeding cowboy
Picture was taken in Vermont last summer. (it was warm then)...love that state..grew up there and could not wait to leave but now we go and vacation there and would love to buy some property...(should have years ago before others discovered this amazing place)...here is another LO i did of my Sarah...she ran the midnight run in Central Park on New Years Eve...