Thursday, October 2, 2008

Comfort Food

I am in the mood for comfort food.....given the state of affairs here in the US...so one of my favorites (although i can hear some groans already) is Tuna Noodle Casserole.....i don't make this very often but when i am in the mood....yummmmmmmm!! You should try this one...it is very good!!(i can just see both my daughters shaking their heads)

Tuna Noodle Casserole
7 oz.can water packed tuna fish, drained
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 medium stalks of celery, chopped
3 tbsp. coarsely chopped pimento
3 slices American cheese, cut into small pieces
4-5 shakes onion powder
4-5 shakes garlic powder
6 oz. medium noodles, cooked
Potato chips for topping
Butter

Combine tuna, celery soup, milk, mayonnaise, celery, pimento, American cheese and seasonings in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until cheese melts. Mix with noodles and pour into a greased 2 quart casserole. Top with crumbled potato chips an dot with butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. This freezes well before baking and before adding potato chips and butter....

Enjoy!!

I am at the end of this 2 week bronchitis illness....it just knocked me over...hope this is it for the winter months!! Hoping to go and take some great fall photos this weekend......love this time of year!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Dawn I do hope you are feeling better. I was just thinking I hadn't heard from you for awhile so thought I would stop by and see how you were.
If the heat we are having is anything to go by, we are in for a pretty hot summer this year. Makes me look forward to our trip to Canada.