Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cookie Sheet Cake

I was looking for a recipe in the various books, boxes that I have and I came across a couple of recipes that must be at least 40 years old..written on orange scrap paper...i remember coping them down (scary) and they are pretty beat-up so I thought I would share them with you and this will also "save" them for me...the first one is this cookie sheet cake which I remember to be fabulous...now, this was before there were cake mixes! It is easy and great for a crowd!

Cookie Sheet Cake
grease a cookie sheet (has the raised rim around it)
preheat oven to 400 degrees
note: sour milk=one cup of milk to 1 tsp vinegar

Bring to a boil: 1 stick of butter
1/2 cup oil
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1 cup of water

Mix: 2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
add the boiled ingredients and mix

Add: 1/2 cup sour milk
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Pour into the greased cookie sheet and Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes

Frosting:
Bring to a rapid boil: 1 stick butter
4 Tablespoons of cocoa
1/2 cup sour milk
Remove from heat and add: 1 box of confectionery sugar
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Once cake and frosting has cooled pour and spread the frosting onto cake.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: