This recipe was created by my daughter Rebecca....even her husband loved it ... i am going to make this weekend but i thought i would share it with you now for i know it is yummy!!
Iceberg is a good choice for this. Peel layers carefully. Crushed peanuts make a nice topping at end. Rebecca loves Asian chili garlic sauce on top, but it is really spice so if you want something mild a peanut or Asian bbq sauce would be nice too. She made brown rice with this for a side dish, but it's nice as a layer in the wrap too. Everything is almost fat free and low-cal except the oil...
1 pound or so of extra lean ground turkey
1/2 red bell pepper chopped really small
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots shredded
4-6 shitake mushrooms
4 oz canned bamboo shoots
Large handful beansprouts
Ginger (fresh - 1 slice or powdered 1/2 tsp)
3 cloves minced garlic
8 or so green onions
2 Tablespoons Oyster sauce
2 Tablespoons Fish sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
Juice from 2 limes
1. Mix sauce ingredients together and put aside
2.Heat large skillet/wok and add a little oil-just enough to lightly coat the pan
3. Saute garlic, green onions and Ginger on med.heat; stir with wooden spoon; don't let garlic burn
4. Add turkey and brown. Use spoon to break up very small.
5. Remove turkey and set aside
6. Add a little more oil and saute pepper and celery for a few minutes. Crunchy is good so no need to saute forever
7. Add carrots, mushrooms and bamboo and stir around a few times
8. Add sauce and bean sprouts and mix well.
9. Return turkey to pan
10. Mix well. Stuff lettuce. Add favorite toppings.